Borrow From Another Library
To use this service you must...
- Reside in Boone County (exception - purchased cards)
- Have a Boone County Public Library card in good standing
- Be at least 18 years old.
- 859-342-BOOK x8118
Frequently Asked Questions
- How does this service work?
- If we don't own an item, we will request to borrow it from another library on your behalf. (Also known as Interlibrary Loan).
- How many active requests may I have?
- No more than 10.
- What types of items may I request?
- You may request anything, but lending libraries often won't lend microfilms, videos, and other audiovisual materials.
- May I request research and genealogical materials?
- Usually, libraries won't lend them. However, copies of specific pages may sometimes be obtained.
- Is there a cost for this service?
- Sometimes - especially for photocopies. Indicate how much you are willing to pay on the request form. If you fail to pick-up your requested item, we will charge your account $15 to recover some processing costs.
- How long does this service take?
- Anywhere from one week to several weeks. If you need an item by a deadline, please note it on the request form.
- How will I know when my item arrives?
- We will notify you by phone or e-mail.
- How long may I keep the item?
- The lending library sets the due date - usually from two to three weeks.
- May I extend the time I may keep an item?
- The lending library determines whether or not you may keep an item beyond the due date. Call at least one week before the due date to make your request.