This is an old revision of the document!
The county seat, Burlington was originally named Craig's Camp for the early settler John Hawkins Craig. The town was incorporated in 1824, but lost that status. It was reincorporated in 1910, but the charter was again annulled in 1923. It is one of few unincorporated county seats in Kentucky.
The county courthouse, the most prominent building in town, is located on the town square.