The Farmer's Bank was located on First Street in Petersburg. It was the fourth bank organized in the county, founded June 18, 1903. For several years it was the only bank serving the western section of the county. After the bank closed, the building was acquired by the Hebron Deposit Bank, who used it to open a Petersburg Branch.
Typical of the county's small-town banks of the early 20th century, the building is a one-story brick edifice with roofline parapet, corbeled cornice and brick pilasters. Recently, the building was renovated into a guest house, and is now a vacation rental property. It was added to the National Register in 1989.