Chronicles of Boone County

User Tools

Site Tools


hafer_farm

Hafer Farm

Hafer Farm

Located on the Petersburg Road at the east end of Hebron, the Hafer House was built around 1910. The house is an imposing frame American Foursquare with simple Craftsman and Colonial Revival details. The hipped roof features overhanging eaves and a large gabled dormer. A classical porch covers the facade, and the parlor windows include rectangular transoms of plain glass.

The farm retains one of the most complete collections of early 20th century outbuildings in the county, including a transverse-gable dairy barn, a monitor-roof tobacco barn and two clay tile silos.

hafer_farm.txt · Last modified: 2010/08/04 14:21 by ahartke