Chronicles of Boone County

User Tools

Site Tools


hume

Hume

The community of Hume was located at the intersection of Mudlick Creek and U.S. Highway 42. The Hume family acquired property on Mudlick Creek as early as 1806 and it is thought that ancestors served in the Revolutionary War. In 1883, the community was very small with just the George Fullilove House (c. 1840) and a blacksmith shop. By 1938, aerial photographs show a distinct town with several buildings, including mill, post office, and a country store.

hume.txt · Last modified: 2015/04/22 17:07 by jgregory