Chronicles of Boone County

User Tools

Site Tools


j.g._tomlin_house

J.G. Tomlin House

The George W. Terrill House The J. G. Tomlin House sits on North Main Street in Walton. It was built c.1885 for J.G. Tomlin who was a lawyer and the proprietor of a tobacco rehandling house in Walton.

The house is an imposing Queen Anne frame residence of complex and irregular form. It features a steeply pitched roof hipped to a flat deck, with lower gables. The body of the house is weatherboarded and the gables sheathed in vertical siding. Decorative pierced trim adorns the gables and window hoods. The facade exhibits parlor windows with leaded glass transoms.

During an early 20th century remodeling Neoclassical Revival porches were added to the main and south facades, and two-tiered porches were appended to the rear. Behind the house is a former summer kitchen or smokehouse, now used as a playroom.

The home was added to the National Register in 2005.

More Information

j.g._tomlin_house.txt · Last modified: 2013/04/29 13:26 by jgregory