Originally built as the Boone House around 1850, the property was purchased by George Stamler in 1880 and was renamed the George Stamler Hotel. Eventually, it changed it's name again, this time to the Phoenix Hotel.
The Phoenix Hotel was a popular inn and restaurant in Walton during its time. It survived two fires, including a devasting one intentionally set in 1950. It was demolished in 1971. Grandeur Hall now occupies the site.