Chronicles of Boone County

User Tools

Site Tools


ransom_house

J.S. Ransom House

The Ransom House, owned in 1883 by J.S. Ransom, is a frame version of the Greek Revival side passage house popular in the Verona area during the second quarter of the nineteenth century. Unlike the other examples of this type, the Greek Revival portion of the Ransom house is an addition to an earlier single-pen log house. Despite the small dimensions of the two-story addition, the interior moldings are relatively sophisticated with deep hoods, or drip moldings, over the windows.

ransom_house.txt · Last modified: 2012/02/27 16:26 by jgregory