Excerpt from the 2005 National Register Nomination for the South Main Street Historic District.
Built by George Nicholson for Robert Ratcliff c. 1910, this house is one of a series of well-preserved residences of the Edwardian era along the east side of South Main Street. It is a classic American Foursquare dwelling under a pyramidal roof with prominent hipped dormers. Focal points of the facade are the main entry, with transom and sidelights, and the four-part focal window. Rock-faced stone lintels accent the facade bays.
According to the 1920 census, Ratcliff was 5 years old and manager of a lumber company. His wife, Rebecca W. Ratcliff, was 62 years old and a homemaker.