Join us for a Vintage Book Sale at the Main Library, 1786 Burlington Pike in Burlington, on Sunday, December 4, 1 to 5 p.m.
Enjoy book art demos, cookies and cocoa, live music, and DIY crafts!
Be inspired and get nostalgic with books during this special event
featuring vintage and holiday titles for sale along with books offered especially for crafting.
Explore the evolution of book design from the late 19th century onward. Learn the art of book folding and create a holiday card using recycled book pages. See how others have creatively re-purposed books — both old and nearly new — into crafts and home decor.
Enjoy cookies and cocoa while you browse. A concert featuring holiday music with pianist Steve Mason and singer Julie Wahba will be held Under the Dome at 2 p.m. and Boone County High School Choir will perform upstairs on the stage from 3:30 to 4 p.m.
*Library bucks will not be accepted for vintage books, but may be used for all other books on sale that day.
While we work to update our online catalog, many features will be unavailable December 5-7. You will not be able to search for items in our catalog, place holds or pay fines. You will be able to check out items at all BCPL locations, but you MUST have your library card with you. Staff members will be unable to look up your account.
During these three days, staff will not be able to fulfill holds or check in items. No worries though, we aren’t charging fines the entire week of December 4-10. Our goal is to be up and running again on December 8.
Our newly updated catalog will look a bit different, but you will still be able to do everything you could do before and more. Here are some of the new features:
- You will now be able to check out e-books from Kentucky Libraries Unbound directly from the catalog with just a few simple clicks.
- All check-outs, both physical and digital, will be listed in one place — your account.
- Our new catalog will communicate with Facebook, so you’ll be able to check out digital items and reserve holds directly from our Facebook page.
- There will be an “Only Show Available” button on the main page of the catalog. Use this handy tool to see only items that are available for check-out right now.
- Our Local History Department will now have its own section of the catalog, so local history digital resources will be easier to find.