- The Glimmer Twins! The first tribute concert of the summer will be Tumbling Dice — five guys who genuinely have a passion for playing the Rolling Stones’ music. The band is led by its very own version of The Glimmer Twins – Guy McFadden, and guitarist and musical director, Dennis Lyons. Together they will guide you on a thrilling tour-de-force through the Rolling Stones legendary catalog. Their show is never contrived, never choreographed and always a wild ride! Don’t miss their show on Saturday, June 18 at 7 p.m. at Boone Woods Park in Burlington.
- You forgot to purchase your McCartney tickets and now all the good seats are gone! The final tribute concert in the Boone Woods Park line up this summer is The McCartney Project. This band covers more than three decades of the most popular Beatles hits through the monster hits of Wings and more. This is a fun, high-energy show from the opening song through the closing encore. Each song replicates the authentic, iconic sound of Paul McCartney’s music. Leading The McCartney Project is Tony Burlingame. He has been paying tribute to Paul McCartney for years and bears an uncanny resemblance to Sir Paul. Decide for yourself if he really looks like Paul at the concert on Saturday, July 23 at 7 p.m. at Boone Woods Park.
- You can sit where you want and bring your own food! Just pick a place on the lawn, spread out your blanket, open your cooler and enjoy the show! No need to purchase overpriced food from a concert vendor or walk down aisles searching for your seat number!
- No admission fee! That’s right, you do not have to purchase a ticket to see the concert – you’ve already paid. The concerts are brought to you by Boone County Public Library and Boone County Parks Department and as a Boone County taxpayer, you’ve already paid by funding both the Library and the Parks Department!
- You don’t need a babysitter! Bring the kids with you! You can also bring your neighbors’ kids, your grand kids, your kid gloves…almost any kind of kid except for young goats. Please do not bring young (or old) goats to the park.
Boone Woods Park is located at 6000 Veteran’s Way in Burlington, Kentucky. All concerts begin at 7 p.m. In case of rain, the concerts will be held at the Main Library, 1786 Burlington Pike in Burlington. Inclement weather after 5 p.m. may not allow enough time to move all of the sound equipment and instruments indoors. Call the Rain Out Hotline at 859-334-2283 for weather updates.
PR Coordinator Becky Kempf has been telling people about the Library for almost thirteen years. When she isn’t busy evangelizing about books, reading and the Library’s concert series, she’s out photographing dogs, birds, rusty old cars and her grandchildren.