Join us for a Family Wellness Fair on Friday, September 22, 5-7 p.m. at the Main Library, 1786 Burlington Pike in Burlington, with special visits by FC Cincinnati, the Black-n-Bluegrass Rollergirls, Tales the Library Dragon and the Florence Freedom Mascot!
Black n Bluegrass Roller Girls visit the library!
Started in 1996, the National Family Health and Fitness Day is celebrated yearly at the end of September. This year, Boone County Public Library has joined in the initiative with our first annual Family Wellness Fair. We have teamed up with local organizations to impact the health of families of Boone County by bringing awareness to the topic. Stop by and take advantage of the following demonstrations and activities:
- Flu Vaccines by Kroger Pharmacy*
- Tdap vaccines from Northern Kentucky Health Department
- Car seat safety checks with Burlington Fire Safety District
- Smoothies with Boone County Cooperative Extension Office
- Active play for children with R.C. Durr YMCA and Silverlake
- Vision Screenings from the Hebron Lions Club
- Developmental Screenings by BCPL early literacy staff
- Samples from Core Life Eatery and the Boone County Extension Office
- Karate Demonstrations by Kenton County Martial Arts Academy
- Child DNA kits courtesy of KY Farm Bureau Insurance
- CPR demonstrations with Northern Kentucky EMS
- Hearing tests by Cincinnati Children’s Hospital
- And more!
Two Great Services Become One Great App! –RB Digital
OneClick Digital audiobooks and Zinio Digital Magazines have combined to form the RB Digital app now available for iOS, Android and Kindle Fire.
RB Digital audiobooks include best sellers by Diana Gabaldon, Janet Evanovich, and Robin Carr; classics by Jane Austen, Edith Wharton, and Mark Twain; and new this year The Doctor Who BBC Radio collection of 150 radio dramatizations featuring all of the Classic Doctors. The best part is they are always available –no waiting and no holds lists!
RB Digital magazines have the latest issues of Newsweek, Good Housekeeping, Forbes, Cosmopolitan, Esquire, Seventeen and more available as they hit the newsstand right in your app. Older issues – back as far as 2014 for some titles – are available for download at any time as well, so that cookie recipe you got out of Food Network Magazine in 2015 is just a click away!
Use Boone County Public Library’s subscription to RB Digital to take advantage of this great service. Go to www.bcpl.org/digital and scroll down the page to RB Digital.
Register to set up your account. (If you have an existing Oneclick or Zinio account it will still work!)
Download the RB Digital app on your favorite device.
Log in with your username and password.
Choose your title, click, checkout and enjoy!
If you need help, stop by any BCPL location or call us at 342-BOOK.