Discover the Earth this summer through Boone County’s annual summer reading program (June 1 to August 31) and the national traveling exhibition, Discover Earth: Our Changing Planet (at the Scheben Branch until August 5). Everyone, from birth to adult, is invited to participate in Summer Reading and read for fun and prizes all summer long! Pick up family reading logs for kids and reading tickets for adults at BCPL locations beginning June 1, or register online at www.bcpl.org.
Preschool Program (birth to four years)
- Earn a free book after completing 10 activities.
- Earn coupons to local restaurants and a reading buddy after completing 20 activities.
- Earn an activity ball and 1 entry into the Preschool Grand Prize Drawings for illuminated globes after completing 30 activities.
After you have completed your 30 activities, earn another entry into the Grand Prize drawings each time you complete an additional 10 activities.
Youth Program (kindergarten to twelfth grade)
- Earn a book of your choice after completing 300 minutes
- Earn coupons to local restaurants and your choice of a
fossil kit or notebook after reading 600 minutes (10 hours).
- Earn 5 Library Bucks* and one entry into the Youth Grand Prize Drawings for illuminated globes or a Kindle (provided by Amazon) after completing 900 minutes (15 hours) of reading.
After you have completed your 15 hours of reading, earn another entry into the Grand Prize drawings each time you complete an additional 5 hours of reading.
Watch a short video with Tales, the library’s dragon mascot, and see all of the Youth Reading program prizes.
Everything you read, watch, or listen to earns 1 Library Buck*, 1 entry into weekly drawings for $25 Kroger gift cards and 1 entry into the Adult Grand Prize drawings for illuminated globes.
*Library Bucks can be used at Library book sales and to pay Library fines.