Join us for a Family Wellness Fair on Friday, September 22, 5-7 p.m. at the Main Library, 1786 Burlington Pike in Burlington, with special visits by FC Cincinnati, the Black-n-Bluegrass Rollergirls, Tales the Library Dragon and the Florence Freedom Mascot!
Started in 1996, the National Family Health and Fitness Day is celebrated yearly at the end of September. This year, Boone County Public Library has joined in the initiative with our first annual Family Wellness Fair. We have teamed up with local organizations to impact the health of families of Boone County by bringing awareness to the topic. Stop by and take advantage of the following demonstrations and activities:
- Flu Vaccines by Kroger Pharmacy*
- Tdap vaccines from Northern Kentucky Health Department
- Car seat safety checks with Burlington Fire Safety District
- Smoothies with Boone County Cooperative Extension Office
- Active play for children with R.C. Durr YMCA and Silverlake
- Vision Screenings from the Hebron Lions Club
- Developmental Screenings by BCPL early literacy staff
- Samples from Core Life Eatery and the Boone County Extension Office
- Karate Demonstrations by Kenton County Martial Arts Academy
- Child DNA kits courtesy of KY Farm Bureau Insurance
- CPR demonstrations with Northern Kentucky EMS
- Hearing tests by Cincinnati Children’s Hospital
- And more!