Chronicles of Boone County

User Tools

Site Tools


big_bone_baptist_church

Differences

This shows you the differences between two versions of the page.

Link to this comparison view

Both sides previous revision Previous revision
big_bone_baptist_church [2018/08/20 16:42]
kbilz [More Information]
big_bone_baptist_church [2018/09/11 11:41] (current)
kbilz
Line 1: Line 1:
 ====== Big Bone Baptist Church (BE 308) ====== ====== Big Bone Baptist Church (BE 308) ======
-This was the earliest [[churches|church]] in the [[Big Bone]] region. ​ It was built in [[1843]] on land donated by General [[John Wallace]] and [[Thomas Huey]]. ​ Until then most of the inhabitants of the area attended [[Belleview Baptist Church|Middle Creek Baptist Church]] in [[Belleview]].+This was the earliest [[churches|church]] in the [[Big Bone]] region. ​ It was built in [[1843]] on land donated by General [[Wallace Family|John Wallace]] and [[huey family|Thomas Huey]]. ​ Until then most of the inhabitants of the area attended [[Belleview Baptist Church|Middle Creek Baptist Church]] in [[Belleview]].
  
-{{ http://bcplfusion.bcpl.org/Repository/2_65_big_bone_baptist_church.jpg?​300|Big Bone Baptist Church}}+<​html><​img alt="​Big Bone Baptist Church"​ src="​https://bcp.ent.sirsi.net/client/en_US/​search/​asset/​23051/​0"​ width="​300" align="​right"​ title="​Big Bone Baptist Church"></​html> ​
 The first pastor was [[Robert Kirtley]] (1786-[[1872]]). The second pastor was his son [[James Kirtley]] ([[1822]]-1904). The first pastor was [[Robert Kirtley]] (1786-[[1872]]). The second pastor was his son [[James Kirtley]] ([[1822]]-1904).
  
big_bone_baptist_church.txt · Last modified: 2018/09/11 11:41 by kbilz