The Boone county Distillery was a major local industry active from before the Civil War through 1916, located on the Ohio River in Petersburg. At it's height, the distillery operation consisted of approximately 25 buildings, all but three have been demolished. The superintendent's house and guest house, the best preserved of the remaining distillery structures, was built ca. 1885.
The structure is brick and stone, and is a rare “double house” design, with four dwelling units within.