Chronicles of Boone County

User Tools

Site Tools


bullittsburg_baptist_church

Differences

This shows you the differences between two versions of the page.

Link to this comparison view

Both sides previous revision Previous revision
bullittsburg_baptist_church [2018/07/18 14:30]
kbilz [More Information]
bullittsburg_baptist_church [2018/09/10 16:17] (current)
kbilz
Line 2: Line 2:
 In [[1794]], a small [[churches|church]] was constituted along the north bend of the [[Ohio River]]. The congregation consisted of eight members, most of them had moved from Clear Creek. The first baptist church in the area, it was originally called Great Bend of The Ohio Church, and then named the Baptist Church of Christ at [[Bullittsburg]] before its current name. It was a member of the [[North Bend Association of Baptists]]. In [[1794]], a small [[churches|church]] was constituted along the north bend of the [[Ohio River]]. The congregation consisted of eight members, most of them had moved from Clear Creek. The first baptist church in the area, it was originally called Great Bend of The Ohio Church, and then named the Baptist Church of Christ at [[Bullittsburg]] before its current name. It was a member of the [[North Bend Association of Baptists]].
  
-{{ http://bcplfusion.bcpl.org/Repository/2_222_bullittsburg_baptist_church.jpg?​300|Bullittsburg Baptist Church}}+<​html><​img alt="​Bullittsburg Baptist Church"​ src="​https://bcp.ent.sirsi.net/client/en_US/​search/​asset/​33568/​0"​ width="​300" align="​right"​ title="​Bullittsburg Baptist Church"></​html> ​
  
 Well-known pastor John Taylor moved to the area in April [[1795]] and joined the membership. Though invited to join the congregation as a pastor, he declined, in deference to the current pastor, Brother Deweese. Taylor wrote about his experiences at the little church in his //[[History of Ten Churches]]//​ published in Frankfort in [[1823]]. Well-known pastor John Taylor moved to the area in April [[1795]] and joined the membership. Though invited to join the congregation as a pastor, he declined, in deference to the current pastor, Brother Deweese. Taylor wrote about his experiences at the little church in his //[[History of Ten Churches]]//​ published in Frankfort in [[1823]].
bullittsburg_baptist_church.txt · Last modified: 2018/09/10 16:17 by kbilz