This is an old revision of the document!
The Lewis Conner House, named after the 1883 owner, bears such close resemblence to the Robert Chambers House (Be 153) further north on East Bend Road that it may be concluded that the carpenter responsible for the Greek Revival detail on the Chambers House- Thomas Zane Roberts- also worked on the Conner House. The doorway treatment in particular seems to be a signature of Roberts' work. The house was probably built in the 1830s and has the traditional form of Greek Revival houses of the period: two stories high, five bays wide and a central passage plan. Boone County: a survey of historic sites in Kentucky 1979:96