This is an old revision of the document!
Excerpt from the Burlington Historic District National Register Nomination
This 1-story wood religious building (c. 1881) has a gable roof with the gable-end oriented to the street. There is a modest pedimented porch on the facade and a triangular stylized steeple on the roof. This was the house of worship for African-Americans in Burlington. It was founded by former slaves in 1881. The 1883 Atlas of Boone, Kenton and Campbell Counties shows the “Col'd Baptist Church” on this site.