Chronicles of Boone County

User Tools

Site Tools


forks_of_gunpowder_baptist_church

Differences

This shows you the differences between two versions of the page.

Link to this comparison view

Both sides previous revision Previous revision
forks_of_gunpowder_baptist_church [2015/04/29 10:12]
jgregory [Forks of Gunpowder Baptist Church]
forks_of_gunpowder_baptist_church [2015/04/29 10:17] (current)
jgregory [Forks of Gunpowder Baptist Church]
Line 6: Line 6:
 The church building was built on an island about twelve miles southeast of [[Bullittsburg]],​ where the [[Gunpowder Creek]] forks thus the name.  The land was sold to the church by founding member (and later pastor) [[Lewis Conner]] for one dollar. The church building was built on an island about twelve miles southeast of [[Bullittsburg]],​ where the [[Gunpowder Creek]] forks thus the name.  The land was sold to the church by founding member (and later pastor) [[Lewis Conner]] for one dollar.
  
-From 1812 to 1840 the church was a member of the [[North Bend Association of Baptists]]. In [[1840]], the group left the North Bend Association and joined the Salem Association,​ reflecting a change in theology. So it remained until [[1897]] when the church was abandoned. ​+From 1812 to 1840 the church was a member of the [[North Bend Association of Baptists]]. In [[1840]], the group left the North Bend Association and joined the [[Salem Association ​of Predestinarian Baptists|Salem Association]], reflecting a change in theology. So it remained until [[1897]] when the church was abandoned. ​
  
 In 1902 the church was re-organized and became a member of the North Bend Association again until 1936, when the church was again abandoned. In 1902 the church was re-organized and became a member of the North Bend Association again until 1936, when the church was again abandoned.
forks_of_gunpowder_baptist_church.txt · Last modified: 2015/04/29 10:17 by jgregory