Chronicles of Boone County

User Tools

Site Tools


forks_of_gunpowder_baptist_church

Differences

This shows you the differences between two versions of the page.

Link to this comparison view

Both sides previous revision Previous revision
forks_of_gunpowder_baptist_church [2018/07/17 11:58]
kbilz [More Information]
forks_of_gunpowder_baptist_church [2018/09/10 11:31] (current)
kbilz
Line 2: Line 2:
 The [[churches|church]] was organized in [[1812]] by members of the [[Bullittsburg Baptist Church]] and the [[Belleview Baptist church|Middle Creek Baptist Church]] who wished to establish a church closer to their [[historic homes|homes]]. The [[churches|church]] was organized in [[1812]] by members of the [[Bullittsburg Baptist Church]] and the [[Belleview Baptist church|Middle Creek Baptist Church]] who wished to establish a church closer to their [[historic homes|homes]].
  
-{{ http://bcplfusion.bcpl.org/Repository/gunpowder_church.jpg?​300|Forks of Gunpowder Baptist Church ​congregation}}+<​html><​img alt="​Forks of Gunpowder Baptist Church Congregation"​ src="​https://bcp.ent.sirsi.net/client/en_US/​search/​asset/​33702/​0"​ width="​300" align="​right"​ title="​Forks of Gunpowder Baptist Church"></​html> ​
  
 The church building was built on an island about twelve miles southeast of [[Bullittsburg]],​ where the Gunpowder Creek forks thus the name.  The land was sold to the church by founding member (and later pastor) [[Lewis Conner]] for one dollar. The church building was built on an island about twelve miles southeast of [[Bullittsburg]],​ where the Gunpowder Creek forks thus the name.  The land was sold to the church by founding member (and later pastor) [[Lewis Conner]] for one dollar.
forks_of_gunpowder_baptist_church.txt · Last modified: 2018/09/10 11:31 by kbilz