Built in 1892 on Market Street in Petersburg, Gordon's Hall was also known as the Petersburg Opera House. The Hall is a mixed-use commercial building. The second-floor hall was used as a dance hall, and orchestras traveled by boat to play there. It was also the site of town meetings. Later, it became a movie theater.
This imposing brick edifice features an original storefront with cast-iron piers and spandrels and culminates in a deep, bracketed cornice.
The building was added to the National Register in 1989.