Chronicles of Boone County

User Tools

Site Tools


jonathan_carlton_house

Differences

This shows you the differences between two versions of the page.

Link to this comparison view

Both sides previous revision Previous revision
jonathan_carlton_house [2017/02/16 09:39]
hdelaney [Related websites]
jonathan_carlton_house [2018/08/21 16:09] (current)
kbilz
Line 1: Line 1:
 ====== Jonathan Carlton House (BE 40) ====== ====== Jonathan Carlton House (BE 40) ======
-{{  http://bcplfusion.bcpl.org/Repository/BE0040.JPG?400|Johnathan Carlton House}}+ 
 +<​html>​ 
 +<img alt="​Johnathan Carlton House" src="​https://bcp.ent.sirsi.net/client/en_US/​search/​asset/​27137/​0"​ width="​400" align="​right"​ title="​Johnathan Carlton House">​ 
 +</​html>​ 
 The Jonathan Carlton House also known as Schramm'​s Tavern, is one of [[Petersburg]]’s oldest standing buildings. ​ Built around [[1825]], it is one of the most distinguished Federal buildings in the county. ​ It was occupied by Jonathan Carlton prior to [[1836]] and was later owned by Robert Mosley, a prosperous farmer and slaveholder. ​ In [[1860]] it was purchased by John Schramm, who converted it to a tavern. ​ The Jonathan Carlton House also known as Schramm'​s Tavern, is one of [[Petersburg]]’s oldest standing buildings. ​ Built around [[1825]], it is one of the most distinguished Federal buildings in the county. ​ It was occupied by Jonathan Carlton prior to [[1836]] and was later owned by Robert Mosley, a prosperous farmer and slaveholder. ​ In [[1860]] it was purchased by John Schramm, who converted it to a tavern. ​
  
jonathan_carlton_house.txt · Last modified: 2018/08/21 16:09 by kbilz