This is an old revision of the document!
Called Carlton when a post office was established in 1879, the little river town was renamed three months later to Rabbit Hash when no one was getting their mail. Carrollton, Carroll County, Kentucky was the source of confusion. The name of Rabbit Hash supposedly originated after a flood drove all of the rabbits to higher ground and the only thing to eat was rabbit hash.
The most famous building in town is the Rabbit Hash General Store, a well-known destination for those who tour small town Americana. The Rabbit Hash Historic District was added to the National Register in 2003.