This is an old revision of the document!
The congregation of the church was founded in May 1834 by Reverend Joseph Cabell Harrison, first cousin to President William Henry Harrison. The church was the first Presbyterian congregation in the county. Its 1870 sanctuary, with a sympathetic addition, is still in active use today.
The community that grew up around it took its name from the church.