Salem Predestinarian was organized March 26, 1825 in the home of James Finnell by members of the Mud Lick Baptist Church, who wanted a church closer to their homes. The church purchased land on February 27, 1827. A log building was erected on Verona Pike. It was replaced in 1873 by a brick structure.
The church cemetery can still be found along Verona Pike, approximately 1.5 miles from Walton.