This is an old revision of the document!
Salem Predestinarian was organized March 26, 1825 in the home of James Finnell by members of the Mud Lick Baptist Church, who wanted a church closer to their homes. The church purchased land on February 27, 1827. A log building was erected on Verona Pike. It was replaced in 1873 by a brick structure.
The church cemetery can still be found along Verona Pike, approximately 1.5 miles from Walton.