Register for Summer Reading at the Main Library, Scheben Branch, Florence Branch and Walton Branch on Saturday, June 1 from 1-3 p.m. and enjoy carnival games, interactive inflatables and community helpers and their trucks!
Or register anytime between June 1 and July 31! Boone County has reading programs for all ages, from birth to adult. Registration and logging for everyone begins June 1. Register at www.bcpl.org to participate online. For those who prefer paper, family reading logs for kids and reading tickets for adults will be available at all Boone County Public Library locations beginning June 1.
Boone County Summer Reading is a collaboration between Boone County Public Library and Boone County Schools. We have found that by combining our resources and creating a shared vision, we can better serve the literacy needs of our community and more effectively implement the Summer Reading program.
Below is a quick summary of each age level program. For the complete list of prizes, view our Summer Reading Brochure.
Preschool Program (birth to four years)
- Complete 10 activities to earn a book.
- Complete 20 activities to earn a sensory ball.
- For every 10 activities completed, you will earn a ticket for a chance to win a grand prize experience such as a ride on a fire truck, dance lessons, a family hayride and more.
Youth program (Kindergarten to 12th Grade)
- Read 300 minutes (5 hours) to earn a book of your choice.
- Read 600 minutes (10 hours) to earn coupons from local businesses and 10 Library Bucks*.
- For every 300 minutes you read, you will earn a ticket for a chance to win a grand prize experience such as yoga or karate classes, a ride on a firetruck, free pizza for a year, a YMCA family pass and more.
Everything you read, watch, or listen to earns one Library Buck,* one
entry into weekly drawings for $25 Kroger gift cards, and a chance to win a grand prize experience such as Kings Island tickets, a Riverbend Music Center gift certificate, Cincinnati Zoo membership, and more!
*Library Bucks can be used at Library book sales and to pay fines.
Share our Summer Reading Video with the kids and get them excited for Summer Reading, too! See you June 1!