You asked for it, you got it! Your library books will now renew automatically!
As of June 1, 2019, physical items checked out from Boone County Public Library will now renew automatically. Our system will check your account for eligible items and extend their due date. It allows you the convenience of enjoying materials for a longer period of time without worrying about returning items right away or requesting a renewal. Items will be eligible for up to two auto-renewals of three weeks each.
Items that will not automatically renew include the following:
• Items that have reached their renewal limit
• Items someone else has requested to borrow (Item with a hold)
• Downloadable and streaming materials (eBooks, eMagazines,
• Reader’s Express Items
• Laptops, kits, WiFi Hot Spots
• Items borrowed from another library system